Roslin Cells is looking to employ a Laboratory Assistant. Based at the Edinburgh BioQuarter, Roslin Cells produces stem cells for therapy and research. With the growth of our induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) activities we are seeking to employ a Laboratory Assistant to work within our iPSC team supporting the cell culture activity, lab maintenance and housekeeping.
The position will be within iPSC team, supporting activities related to the manufacture of stem cells for use in research. The Laboratory Assistant will be responsible for providing housekeeping and technical support to scientific staff to ensure the efficient day to day operation of our cell culture laboratories.
- · Day to day housekeeping of dedicated laboratories
- · Ensuring stocks of reagents and consumables are maintained
- · Managing goods deliveries
- · Maintenance of inventories and data recording
- · Media and cell culture component preparation
- · Assisting with maintenance of cell cultures
- · Providing out of hours support as required
The post will initially run for 1 year with the possibility of converting to a permanent position after a year.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A higher grade qualification in Mathematics, English and Science or equivalent qualification or experience
- Technical experience in a cell culture laboratory
- Experience of cell culture
- Excellent manual dexterity and at least 1 years’ experience of aseptic technique
- Computer literate with specific skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Experience working to a recognised quality standard would be desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent record keeping and administration skills with an eye for detail
- Organisational, planning and time management skills with the ability to plan ahead whilst delivering results to deadline
The successful candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Flexibility and enthusiasm, with a passion for lab work
- The ability to multitask and manage time effectively to ensure all work streams are managed
- Ability to process a high volume of planned and un-planned work effectively
- Adapts plans to meet changing requirements and priorities
- A determination to continually develop and improve our processes
- Emotional resilience and an ability to work under pressure with a "can do attitude"
- To challenge self for solutions and takes initiative beyond the job remit
- Effective communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships
- The ability to seek, receive and act on feedback around performance
- The ability to provide constructive feedback for issues affecting Quality
- Keen to learn and share knowledge with the whole team
- A team player with the ability to work unsupervised
- Conscientious and takes personal responsibility for own actions and behaviours
As well as being involved in an exciting and expanding company, we are offering an attractive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24 October 2014
Salary: Attractive Salary & Benefits
Location: Edinburgh and Lothian